The SmartMom live chat about essential oils with Meghan Yancy was a raving success! Our SmartMoms were eager to learn how to incorporate essential oils into their daily routines and are especially excited about using Young Living Essential Oil Kits. In case you missed out on the live discussion, here are the highlights and some supplemental resources you won’t want to miss:
- Always start off by diluting the oils with a carrier oil like olive, almond, coconut, etc.
- Use Thieves cleaner to clean household items. Meghan says she cleans everything in her house with it, “Plus my baby can suck on it and get all in it and just boost his immune system in the process because it’s safe!”
- For cleaning, Meghan also makes a safe all-natural bleach using 20 drops of lemon oil 1 cup of water 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide.
- Purification mixed with baking soda is a great natural carpet freshener.
- Lava rocks are a great way to diffuse oils! Check out Meghan’s lava rock jewelry.
- Young Living’s List of Ingestible Oils
- Choose your diffuser based on square footage. Meghan suggests staying away from those that use heat, because it alters the chemical and therapeutic qualities of the oils.
- Clary Sage and Jasmine can help induce or speed up labor so pregnant women should steer clear until 40 weeks or so.
- Avoid using peppermint while nursing because it lowers your milk supply.
- Fun tip: fennel and basil can help increase your milk supply.
- Panaway is an awesome Oil for muscle, bone and joint support
- Add 7-10 drops of essential oils in an adult bath. Meghan’s favorites are eucalyptus, lavender or stress away. Self care, ladies!
- Use peppermint and Thieves for head support (i.e. migraines and head aches)
- You can use oils for weight loss! “The Slique line from Young Living is great for all weight management! I also love taking peppermint (energizing), grapefruit (boosts metabolism) and lemon (cleansing and detoxifies) in an empty vegetable capsule.”
- Oils for focus: Frankincense, Lemon, Genyus, Vetiver
- Sign Up for a Young Living Membership!
- Try a Young Living Starter Kit!
A big thank you to Meghan Yancy for such a fantastic discussion and for rewarding one of our moms with a prize package of free oils from the essential oil kits! Stay in touch with Meghan by following her on Instagram @meghanjoytoday.
And finally, the winner of the essential oil prize package from Young Living is: JVP! Congratulations, mama.